Due to the Reformation Day Celebration, there will be no Sunday evening class on October 29.
A Reformation Day Celebration
- October 29, 2017 ~ 10:30 AM Worship Service, followed by a German style meal, then our Reformation Program, topped off with dessert.
- Enjoy delicious traditional German cuisine.
- This Year’s Theme: It is the 500th Anniversary of the nailing of the 95 Theses by Martin Luther. We encourage each family to study this important historical event in God’s church. Skits, presentations, music, ect… focusing on this theme will be accepted for this year’s program.
- Invite your family, friends and neighbors!!
- Dress the part and come in costume! Attend as an historical figure from that era (optional).
- Please visit the sign-up sheets in the foyer to volunteer food for the feast.
- Expect to have a full, fun-filled, joyous time in fellowship and laughter.
Food: Jenee Van Kooten (360)679-0986 or email@example.com
Program: Jackie Mahaffy 360-246-4143 or Jackie@mahaffy.org
Please feel free to contact any of the coordinators with any questions, solicitation of ideas, and costume queries.
From the Fellowship Committee ~Cheryl Lunz, Jackie Mahaffy, Jill Huston, Lonna Weaver, Jenee Van Kooten
The handout for the 11/1 Covenant Theology in Practice class is available here:
We’ll be starting on page 19.
Below is the updated outline for the Covenant Theology in Practice study that includes the section on Federal Vision, starting on 7/30.
On the Sunday evening of the 23rd, we’ll begin part 2 of the Covenant Theology in Practice class, looking at how some different movements with roots in Reformed circles have different views of the covenant and the law, and how that affects their practice in society today. We’ll start by looking at Theonomy.
Join us on July 22nd for the Sovereign Grace OPC summer picnic.
There will be food, swimming, fellowship and fun!
We will gather at the Lunz family lake property at 14352 Lunz Rd.
Arrive anytime after 1:00pm, with dinner being served at 5:00pm.
What should you bring?
1. Meat to grill for your family
2. A side dish to share
3. A dessert to share
4. Chairs, blankets, swim gear, towels, sunscreen, outdoor games, a cooler for your food.
The church will provide paper goods, utensils, and drinks.
There is no lifeguard on duty at the lake.
If you have questions, please contact Cheryl Lunz at – firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-840-3267
The complete handout outline for part 1 of the Covenant Theology in Practice study is available here:
On Sunday, July 2, we’ll be looking at page 12 in the Covenant Theology in Practice – handout.
In our Sunday evening study on Covenant Theology in Practice, we’ll continue looking at the responsibilities of and boundaries between the institutions of Family, Church, and State. We’ll be on the last 2 pages of the handout below:
The last page is the current handout for the 5/21 Covenant Theology in Practice class, as we look at the relationship of the individual to the different God-ordained institutions, and then look at the boundary between the institutions of Church and Family.