This Wednesday night (Feb. 20) we’ll be finishing chapter 1 of Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert and starting chapter 2 (probably only the first third of the chapter). Discussion questions are available in the PDF below:
Sunday morning worship, fellowship dinner, Harbor Tower services, and Sunday evening hymn sing are canceled for February 10, due to road conditions and expected further snow Sunday afternoon.
Tonight’s class is canceled due to falling temperatures and more snow on the way.
The annual Congregational Meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 6 at 7pm at the Wallin Funeral Home.
On January 23 we’ll start discussing the first chapter of Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert, Conversion and the Gospel of Peace. Here is the handout with the discussion questions.
Our monthly Fellowship Dinner will follow our morning worship on Sunday, January 13, and we’re looking forward to our first meal in our new location. Please note the following suggestions from the Fellowship Coordinators:
1) Due to limited oven space we encourage the use of crock-pots, roaster ovens, self-heating appliances, etc. Or have your meal heated at home and bring in an insulated carrier.
2) To keep kitchen congestion to a minimum please have your main dishes and sides as completed as possible. If you do need to make any last minute preparations for your dish, please do so on counter space away from the kitchen window area.
3) To keep kitchen traffic to a minimum please hand off your dishes to the kitchen staff through the kitchen window opening with written or verbal instructions i.e.: chilled, plugged in, oven temp, etc.
4) Please use the provided SGOPC serving-ware and utensils. If you feel that your dish needs a particular serving utensil that might not be in SGOPC’s current collection, please bring one from home. If you
would like to donate any extra serving utensils, it would be appreciated.
4) Place your un-refrigerated desserts on the dessert table located under the window to the side of the two plastic buffet tables. Dessert will be served after dinner and birthday/anniversary recognition.
5) Please be mindful of the carpets and keep food in the fellowship hall area.
We are looking forward to this week’s worship and fellowship!
Our Wednesday night study will start up on January 9. We’ll be looking at Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert by Rosario Butterfield. For the first study, read the foreword and acknowledgements. The discussion questions are available in this PDF.
Due to the Christmas Program at Harbor Tower, there will be no Sunday Evening hymns/study on Dec. 9.
In 2019 we will change our worship location to the Wallin Funeral Chapel, at 1811 NE 16th Ave in Oak Habor (also known as West Cemetery Road). Sunday worship times remain the same: 10:30am for morning worship and 6pm for evening singing and study.
The Christmas Litany will be Sunday, December 23 at 6:00pm at the SDA building. We will have special music, Scripture readings, and poetry. Let Pastor Van Kooten know if you would like to participate.