Due to the Reformation Day Celebration, there will be no Sunday evening class on October 29.
A Reformation Day Celebration
- October 29, 2017 ~ 10:30 AM Worship Service, followed by a German style meal, then our Reformation Program, topped off with dessert.
- Enjoy delicious traditional German cuisine.
- This Year’s Theme: It is the 500th Anniversary of the nailing of the 95 Theses by Martin Luther. We encourage each family to study this important historical event in God’s church. Skits, presentations, music, ect… focusing on this theme will be accepted for this year’s program.
- Invite your family, friends and neighbors!!
- Dress the part and come in costume! Attend as an historical figure from that era (optional).
- Please visit the sign-up sheets in the foyer to volunteer food for the feast.
- Expect to have a full, fun-filled, joyous time in fellowship and laughter.
Food: Jenee Van Kooten (360)679-0986 or email@example.com
Program: Jackie Mahaffy 360-246-4143 or Jackie@mahaffy.org
Please feel free to contact any of the coordinators with any questions, solicitation of ideas, and costume queries.
From the Fellowship Committee ~Cheryl Lunz, Jackie Mahaffy, Jill Huston, Lonna Weaver, Jenee Van Kooten
Join us on July 22nd for the Sovereign Grace OPC summer picnic.
There will be food, swimming, fellowship and fun!
We will gather at the Lunz family lake property at 14352 Lunz Rd.
Arrive anytime after 1:00pm, with dinner being served at 5:00pm.
What should you bring?
1. Meat to grill for your family
2. A side dish to share
3. A dessert to share
4. Chairs, blankets, swim gear, towels, sunscreen, outdoor games, a cooler for your food.
The church will provide paper goods, utensils, and drinks.
There is no lifeguard on duty at the lake.
If you have questions, please contact Cheryl Lunz at – firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-840-3267
This year’s SGOPC Ladies’ Day Out will be a tour of historic Coupeville starting at 11:00am with a guide from the Island County Historical Society, followed by a casual lunch and fellowship at the town pavilion, and ending with browsing the shops in historic downtown.
The tour fee is $8. Sack lunches will be provided for $8 each. RSVP to Lonna Weaver by June 4.
Our study on Calvin’s Institutes has been postponed to May 24.
Ben Westerveld, OPC missionary to Quebec, will be visiting SGOPC and giving a presentation on Monday, May 1.
We’ll have our annual Easter Breakfast at 9am on Sunday, April 16 in the fellowship hall.
There will be no evening study on April 16.
Our monthly potluck fellowship dinner will follow the morning worship service on Sunday, April 9. Our monthly service at Harbor Tower will be at 2:30pm.
Our monthly potluck fellowship dinner will follow the morning worship service on Sunday, Feb. 12.