Our monthly Fellowship Dinner will follow our morning worship on Sunday, January 13, and we’re looking forward to our first meal in our new location. Please note the following suggestions from the Fellowship Coordinators:
1) Due to limited oven space we encourage the use of crock-pots, roaster ovens, self-heating appliances, etc. Or have your meal heated at home and bring in an insulated carrier.
2) To keep kitchen congestion to a minimum please have your main dishes and sides as completed as possible. If you do need to make any last minute preparations for your dish, please do so on counter space away from the kitchen window area.
3) To keep kitchen traffic to a minimum please hand off your dishes to the kitchen staff through the kitchen window opening with written or verbal instructions i.e.: chilled, plugged in, oven temp, etc.
4) Please use the provided SGOPC serving-ware and utensils. If you feel that your dish needs a particular serving utensil that might not be in SGOPC’s current collection, please bring one from home. If you
would like to donate any extra serving utensils, it would be appreciated.
4) Place your un-refrigerated desserts on the dessert table located under the window to the side of the two plastic buffet tables. Dessert will be served after dinner and birthday/anniversary recognition.
5) Please be mindful of the carpets and keep food in the fellowship hall area.
We are looking forward to this week’s worship and fellowship!
Our Wednesday night study will start up on January 9. We’ll be looking at Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert by Rosario Butterfield. For the first study, read the foreword and acknowledgements. The discussion questions are available in this PDF.
Due to the Christmas Program at Harbor Tower, there will be no Sunday Evening hymns/study on Dec. 9.
In 2019 we will change our worship location to the Wallin Funeral Chapel, at 1811 NE 16th Ave in Oak Habor (also known as West Cemetery Road). Sunday worship times remain the same: 10:30am for morning worship and 6pm for evening singing and study.
The Christmas Litany will be Sunday, December 23 at 6:00pm at the SDA building. We will have special music, Scripture readings, and poetry. Let Pastor Van Kooten know if you would like to participate.
Our annual Christmas Program will take place at the Harbor Tower retirement center on Sunday, December 9 at 2:30pm, which will include special music and readings. If you would like to contribute some special music to this program, contact Pastor Van Kooten.
Tis the season again! Come and enjoy fellowship, fun, and food.
Please bring your favorite hors d’oeuvre, finger food, or appetizer for the festive buffet table!
Participate in the gift exchange game by bringing one gift per guest ($20 max, no alcohol please).
December 7, 2018 at 7pm (6:30 punchbowl) at the deRu residence
RSVP to Jenee Van Kooten or Jill Huston.
- October 28, 2018 ~ 10:30 AM Worship Service, followed by German style meal, then our Reformation Program, topped off with dessert.
- Enjoy delicious traditional German cuisine.
- Participate with your own presentation, skit, music, ect…
- Learn about this most important era in church history: the conception and effects of Protestantism.
- Invite your family, friends and neighbors!!
- Dress the part and come in costume! Attend as an historical figure from that era (optional).
- Please visit the sign-up sheets in the foyer (or use this link from our Facebook page) to volunteer food for the feast.
- Expect to have a full, fun-filled, joyous time in fellowship and laughter.
Food: Jenee Van Kooten 360-679-0986 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program: Jackie Mahaffy 360-246-4143 or Jackie@mahaffy.org
Please feel free to contact any of the coordinators with any questions, solicitation of ideas, and costume queries.
From the Fellowship Committee ~Cheryl Lunz, Jackie Mahaffy, Jill Huston, Kate Loghry, Jenee Van Kooten
Instead of our regular Sunday Evening study on 9/2, we’ll join the Kent OPC campout at Camp Casey in Coupeville for a devotional and hymn sing around the fire at 6pm.
The annual church picnic will be on Saturday, July 28 at 2:30pm at the Lunz resort on Lake Campbell in Anacortes. Bring your own meat to grill and a side or dessert to share, along with towels, swimsuits, chairs, etc. to enjoy the beach and the water.